Tuesday, February 23, 2010

because tuna is gross.

Yesterday at work I helped myself to an enormous tuna sandwich. It was a sloppy mess that got all over my fingers and was falling all over the place and for the first time I thought about something: tuna sandwiches are gross.

I don't think there is anyone that doesn't agree with this statement. Whether you like tuna sandwiches or not (we'll get to this) you agree that when you think about it, it's a weird thing to eat. It looks nasty. It's sloppy. Think about it. Tuna mixed with mayonnaise and sometimes celery. I don't like mayonnaise and I rarely like celery. But I eat tuna sandwiches despite this fact.

Why? Well, I think it's because I ate it when I was younger. My mom made tuna fish sandwiches for me all the time and I knew that it was gross then, but the fact that my mom made it for me was enough assurance for me to think it was alright to eat. And I enjoyed it. If no one was making you tuna sandwiches growing up, you're probably not going to eat tuna when you're older. And you're not gonna give your kids tuna sandwiches and they're not gonna eat tuna when they're older.

Just so you know, Scott, Timmy Scott's will be serving tuna sandwiches. They'll be endorsed by Charlie Sheen. Or Charles Barkley.

No comments:

Post a Comment