Saturday, March 6, 2010

One-upping a 14 year old at his birthday party

I just played paintball for the first time for my brother's birthday. It was a pretty good time and my brother and his friends had a lot of fun. But I'll tell you what, the best part of it was being surrounded by grown men who are really into paintball. We'd go out and play a few rounds then come back to reload or put air in the guns and these guys would just be sitting there talking about paintball. Grown up men, with salt and pepper hair and beer guts, decked out in gear talking about their guns and guys who sucked. The kids would come back and talk about the game amongst themselves and these guys would interject with "you think that sucks, well one time I got shot from ten feet away in the face" or "yeah, well your gun [the rental gun the place gave to us] sucks, check out this baby, it's an automatic, hairline trigger, I can shoot 30 balls a second. The gun cost me $800, the trigger was two, the airtank was 150, and the pod cost me a hundred bucks0."

Wow, cool man. What time is your mom picking you up?

To each his own, I suppose, but I couldn't stop thinking about that Chris Farley Weekend Update character where he uses the finger quotes.

"I haven't had sex with a woman."

Speaking of which I'm at my mom's house right now and I was up til 3 in the morning playing NHL 2000 on the Playstation.

No comments:

Post a Comment